Sunday, May 15, 2011

Twig Wreath from my Dreaming of Summer Display

This is probably one of the most versatile crafts I have ever done. This wreath was first made in January when I needed a little something to decorate with. I traced two different circles on cardboard and then cut out the wreath shape. Then I started glueing on pieces of branches that I cut up. But as life goes I never finished it. When St. Patrick's Day rolled around I decided to add some ribbon instead of more twigs to finish it up. I loved the way it turned out! I just used scotch tape to tape the ribbon on the back. That way it is an easy fix when I go to change it up! 


Then I changed the ribbon for Easter~totally a quick and easy way to change the look! 



After Easter I started putting together my summer display and used a tan ribbon and a ribbon that says "treasured moments" on it. After I took off the Easter colored ribbons and before I put on the summery colored ribbons I spray painted the twigs white! 

I hung it up and then hung the coffee filter flower on top of it! 



Soooooo gorgeous~ I just love it! 

3 comments:

  1. How adorable. I love workingw ith sitcks! Turned out great, and I love that you are able to change it up. Thanks for sharing at Craft and Tell. Hope to see you back next week!

    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a lot of different mediums going on there. I like how you can change it up for the season.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope you will be back this week to inspire us all!!

    ReplyDelete