The holidays featured this week are a little bit lame! There simply isn't much to pick from, after all I don't make up the holidays I just feature them! The 13th -15th are pretty interesting so scroll down and be sure to read about those!
Tuesday May 10th -Clean Up Your Room Day
Boy do I know a couple of little boys who will be participating in this!
Wednesday May 11th - School Nurses Day
The school my son goes to does not have a school nurse, at least not that I know of!But for those of you who do, show a little love!
Thursday May 12th - Kite Day
Will you fly a kite with your kids at the park, search online for a virtual kite flying game or simply tell someone to go fly a kite? Whatever you do, enjoy!
Friday May 13th - The ONLY Friday the 13th in 2011
Why is Friday the 13th so UNLUCKY?
According to www.holidayinsights.com ~
In biblical references, it is believed that Cain killed Abel on Friday the 13th. We are not sure how this was determined, as calendars were unlikely to have been in existence back then.
We do know with certainty, the ancient Babylonian Code of Hammurah omitted the #13 in it's list of laws. Written in 1,700 B.C., it sggests ancient Bablylonians considered the #13 to be unlucky.
Saturday May 14th - Dance Like A Chicken Day
What say you? You don't know how to dance like a chicken? Good thing I found instructions!
- Anyone who's not chicken, stand in a circle facing each other.
- When the music starts, hold your hands out in front of you and open and close them like a chicken beak four times.
- Put your thumbs in your armpits and flap your wings four times.
- Place your arms and hands like the tail feathers of a chicken and wiggle down to the floor four times.
- Clap four times.
- Repeat steps 1-5 four times.
- After the fourth time take the hands of the people on either side of you and everyone move in a circle.
- When you get dizzy, switch directions.
- Repeat until the end of the music or until you fall on the floor.
Sunday May 15th - National Police Officer Memorial Day
Ways to participate in this day:
- Say thanks to local police officers.
- Make a donation to your police department.
- Participate in activities honoring officers who have died on duty.
- Make a card, bake cookies, write a letter to the editor showing police officers you are thankful for them.
Monday May 16th - Sea Monkey Day
I have always wanted to have Sea Monkeys! Yes I know, a weird thing for a 30 year old to want. Nevertheless I do! This year might just be the year I get some!