Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chalkboard Hand Sanitizer Containers


This idea came to me shortly after posting that I didn't have any ideas for Teacher Apreciation Day. It is sort of a combination between the hand sanitizer I posted about yesterday and my chalkboard soap dispenser I made last year. Honestly, the chalkboard sticker that I used combined with the water that gets splashed all over my bathroom and it wasn't long before my cute little soap dispenser was looking pretty sad. But there is no water involved in Hand Sanitizer and I did not use the chalkboard wallpaper so I am expecting these to hold up well!



Step 1: Empty hand sanitizer container, no need to rinse or anything since hand sanitizer will be going back in.

Step 2. Scrub off the label

Step 3. Spray paint with chalkboard paint, before I did this I was bummed that I only had green chalkboard paint and not black but I am sooooo thrilled with how they turned out! I painted these with about 4 coats letting dry for 20 minutes in between.

Step 4: Let dry for 24 hours (ok, so I let them dry for about 4 hours)

Step 5: Prime with chalk by rubbing it all over the container, then erase

Step 6: Write your message, tie a piece of chalk around the top, attach a tag that say "Hand Sanitizer" and you my friend are done!


(Message on the back)

                         (I espcecially loved this one that had square sides that I could write on)


6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I bet they loved them :)

    ~Amanda Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too darn cute! Makes me wish my kids were in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I am getting so many new ideas to use chalkboard paint. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea - I love unusual uses for chalkboard paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would of never thought of that in a million years. How does it hold up on plastic. Great idea. Thanks so much for joining me at Strictly Homemade Tuesday. I hope you will join me next week!!

    ReplyDelete