Monday, February 8, 2010

Garden Stakes - A Burst Of Color

My brain must always be thinking of crafting! I was in the hardware store the other night and saw these wooden wedges. At a buck fifty I just couldn't leave them there. I had no idea what I was going to do with them but just had to take them home!


Before the night was up I knew what I wanted to do with them. I have the gardening bug BADLY! And yet it is still February and there is still a high chance that we will have snow. But I created these garden stakes so that when the time is right I will have some pretty little markers for my garden. And after all the browns, grays, and blues that have been around lately, and I am talking about my living room AND the weather outside I was sooo excited for the bright colors that I painted these.

As you can clearly see from the photos they are imperfect but to me they are perfectly imperfect! Now I just need to spray them like a gazillion times with a clear sealer and admire them till it is time for them to go into the garden. They were super simple to make, I basepainted the wedges first and then I cut a wine cork so that it was flat and used that as a sponge for the white circles. Sometimes I had to dab it a couple times to get a nice circle. And then added the little details with paint. Now I am no artist but I think my little veggies turned out pretty cute! Finally I just added the plant names with a black sharpie! Fun!

6 comments:

  1. They are cute and sure beats the SCRAP WOOD I FIND LAYING AROUND FOR MINE.Where are the green beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got gardening fever also - can't wait to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! What a fun idea for marking things in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. I like the smudgy-ness of the white circles, and, yes, your veggies look quite artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, fantastic! Wish I'd done something similar last year, but really, my garden was a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable! I'm ready for warm weather so I can start my garden. :)

    ReplyDelete