Monday, March 15, 2010

A teenage guy present!

Making a present for a teenage boy is HARD! But finally I discovered one that was really liked and coveted by my husband and teenage son, guess what they are getting for Easter? We live here in rural Idaho and my family is into hunting big time, these "Game Bag's" work super after a successful hunt. Enclosed in a cool camo pouch to keep them from getting dirty in a hunting pack. They work up in a jiffy and are practical and cool all at the same time. What more could I ask for? Here are some pictures, I don't do sewing tutorials, the reason is simple, I am just a beginner myself. It would be like my 8 year old giving driving lessons. Yeah, we let him drive the other day and it wasn't pretty. (Just in a huge, completely empty, gravel parking lot, by the way!) But I will show some pictures and do a little explaining as I go.

Here they are, 4 bags and the case

To Make the Bags you just make a pillowcase out of fabric only larger. About twice the width of a pillow case and 1 1/2 times the length. To make the case I used 1 yard of camo fabric, folded it in half and sewed up the sides, right sides together. I turned it inside out and topstiched the remaining side. Then I folded it up onto itself and topstiched down the sides. So easy! Added a piece of velcro and  I was done!

 I used one half of a king sized topsheet for these. The fabric is the perfect weight. Trust me these are way better than the ones you see at most sporting good stores, I know because my husband and I used to own an Archery Shop and I saw what is available. I double sewed each and every seam in the bags themselves, to make them tougher.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSH! May this next fall bring you lots of hunting sucesss!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm from Wyoming and although my family didn't hunt, we knew a ton of people that do! Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I know a few hunters in my family that would love one of these!!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a good idea for my hubby! He loves hunting stuff!

    ReplyDelete